We will be forming 8 All-Star Rec. teams to play in the Maricopa League second season (Boys and Girls U-7, U-8, U-9 & U-10). Try-outs to form these teams will take place on Sunday 20th November at Mountain View Park from 1 - 4.30pm. Any players who cannot make the Nov 20th try-out date have the option of being evaluated at our All-Star Training (held on Friday 11th & 18th Nov at Kiva).
Taking on one of these All-Star teams will mean training them once per week for two months (early Jan - late Feb/early Mar). Each team will likely have approximately 6 league games over that period too. Ideally, we will aim to enter each All-Star team into the BHI (although, as with any team, there are no guarantees they will be accepted). Each All-Star team will also partake in the Blackhawks End of Season Festival on March 23rd.
Rates of pay for each All-Star team will be per session based (see attached table below). So, for example, 4 practices and 3 games in a month would count as 7 sessions x your Rec. session rate of pay. You would simply report these additional sessions on your monthly timesheet.
All-Star Coaches will be expected to attend try-outs on Nov 20th and, ideally, attend the next two All-Star Training clinics (Nov 11th & 18th at Kiva). We will aim to finalize teams within 24 hours of the Nov 20th try-out and let all families know the out come via email. Once each team is formed we will look to appoint a Team Manager (just like Blackhawks teams) who will take on the associated duties and set-up a convenient practice day/time/location.
Hopefully that covers all questions you may have. If not please let me know ASAP. Please also confirm you are willing to commit to the above obligations.
This year we will form Recreational All Star teams to participate in the second season of MCOL (January - early March).
These All-Star teams will be formed via try-outs to be held on Sunday, November 20th*. More details will follow in due course.
All-Star team specifics:
- Teams will be Boys (U10, U9, U8 & U7) and Girls (U10, U9, U8 & U7).
- Teams will be coached by a Blackhawks trainer and will practice once a week.
- Teams will play in the Maricopa Open League (6 games - 3 home games at Chaparral Park and 3 away games. Away games will be in the Greater Phoenix area).
- Teams will participate in the Blackhawks End of Season Festival (early March). Some teams may also be invited to play in the Blackhawks Invitational Tournament (Feb 24-26).
- *Players who are unable to attend try-outs on November 20th may be evaluated at our Friday Night All-Star Training program.
The objective of these All-Star teams is to provide a competitive soccer experience for players who are considering competitive Blackhawks soccer sometime in the future. This program will provide a sample of what competitive Blackhawks soccer is like.
Should you have any questions regarding this program please contact Neil Graham - Neil.Graham@uksocca.com