Keep your car safe while visiting parks!
Scottsdale police are asking park users to be aware of what they leave behind in their vehicles when visiting parks. A majority of vehicle burglaries are committed without any force. The following tips will reduce the opportunity of you becoming a victim of a crime:
- Remove all valuables from your vehicle including purses, wallets, laptops, golf clubs and personal items.
- Secure items in the trunk if you are unable to remove them.
- Remove your keys from the ignition and lock your doors.
- Consider installing an alarm system and using a steering wheel lock.
- Enroll your car in the Watch Your Car Program at www.azwatchyourcar.com.
- Be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.
In an emergency - Dial 911. For non-emergencies, contact the Scottsdale Police Department at (480) 312-5000.